Share this page:

map-pin Solution Architecture work stream

5 years 11 months ago #4051 by Igor Sirkovich
Thank you Peter. I'm wondering if you can post a link to a web page that describes how Health Canada differentiates between the license number and the registration number. This would be important for our discussion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #4050 by Peter Bomberg
Good Morning, I have verified that there are cases where Health Canada differentiates between the license number and the registration number. I am aware that the answer does not relates specif icily to the question below, but wanted to make you aware that there is a likelihood we need to maintain both.

5 years 11 months ago #4049 by Igor Sirkovich
Hello Everyone,

We are seeking feedback of the group on a few UR-related topics.
  1. In Ontario we have a notion of LHINs (Local Health Integration Networks), which are essentially 14 regional health authorities with sequential identifiers ranging from 01 to 14. LHINs are further divided into sub-regions with identifiers consisting of are 4 digit codes where the first two digits are a LHIN code (e.g. 0101 - sub-region 1 of LHIN 1).

2. The proposal is to assign URIs to namespaces of these 2 identifiers:
    fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-on-lhin-region-id
    fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-on-lhin-sub-region-id

3. The second topic is URI naming for license numbers as Practitioner identifiers assigned by jurisdictional colleges / regulating bodies. Some of these colleges call these these identifiers a "License Numbers" while some others call them a "Registration Numbers". By our current naming convention, the URI for Occupational Therapist identifiers in Ontario would be "ca-on-license-occupational-therapist", but if we use the language of their college, the URI would be "ca-on-registration-occupational-therapist".

In my opinions, we should look at this from the perspective of consumers of information, who sees these identifiers as "License Numbers" rather than the perspective of the regulating bodies who are in charge of the registration process. Thus, my preference is to use "license", e.g. "ca-on-license-occupational-therapist", but I would appreciate feedback from the Canadian FHIR community.

We can discuss this and other topics at our Zoom call on Friday, June 15th at 2 pm eastern.

5 years 11 months ago #3985 by Igor Sirkovich
I will also appreciate feedback on three more URIs we were asked to assign to ConnexOntario (www.connexontario.ca) Organization, Site and Program identifiers.

The proposed URIs are:
fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-on-connexontario-organization-id
fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-on-connexontario-site-id
fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-on-connexontario-program-id

5 years 11 months ago #3982 by Igor Sirkovich
This is a friendly reminder to provide feedback on the proposed URI for Alberta's Health Service Provider Identifier (HSPID): fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-ab-health-service-provider-id

The deadline for comments is Friday at noon (extended from today due to a long Victoria Day weekend).

6 years 10 hours ago #3959 by Igor Sirkovich
Please note that the meeting on Friday, May 18th is cancelled. We will meet in 2 weeks, on Friday, June 1st.

Please have a look at the proposed URI for Alberta's Health Service Provider Identifier (HSPID) below. If I don't hear any objections by next Wednesday, the URI I would suggest to assign is fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-ab-health-service-provider-id

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.